Engagement Photo DO’s & DON’Ts
A lot goes into planning your engagement session. When you take the time and follow these few simple tips, your session can be amazing as this one!
- Plan ahead. Schedule your engagement session 3 – 6 months out. Don’t forget, Fall is the busiest season for wedding photographers. That time of year books early and books FAST!
- Wear coordinating outfits, not matching. The idea is to compliment each other, not to emulate those cheesy, Olan Mills style, 90s look.
- Choose a location that means something to you! Your photos will mean so much more when you look back at them.
- Have professional hair and makeup if it’s in the budget. The makeup REALLY makes a difference. Try to schedule your bridal makeup trial the same day as your engagement photos.
- Relax and have fun! Your engagement session is stress free practice for what it will be like to be in front of the camera on your wedding day.
- Be Late. Nothing is worse than starting your session stressed. It will show in your photos. SO plan to be 5-10 minutes early.
- Worry about posing. I will walk you through “poses”. It’s actually more of, I’ll tell you where to stand and then give you something to do. Easy peasy.
- Wear clothes that you aren’t comfortable in. If you are constantly worrying about pulling a skirt down, or keeping a scarf in place, it will take away from the carefree moments I love capturing.
- Forget about permits. If you have picked out a special location for your session, they may require a photography permit. Nothing is worse than getting told you have to leave a location mid session!